Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Is My Saturday Again

Headed to Trader Joe's today, stopped at the library to pick up a few holds, made a deposit at the bank. Did some dishes. A pretty full day.
Not to mention two cups of tea while perusing a few books and a magazine.
I was thinking: What if my solitary life was in plain view of the public? It would probably change my behavior.
I would probably dress better and keep my apartment a bit tidier. I might sing and talk to myself less.
I'm not talking about a webcam. I'm referring to the possibility that someone could be peering into my window at any time. It would be relatively boring, because no one comes over to my studio and the only drama is "Battlestar Galactica" on my television.

In Milan, Italy, a professional soccer player named Andrea Vasa experiences this sort of public scrutiny. He lives in a Belgian fashion design gallery and visitors can witness firsthand the luxury lifestyle of an athlete, as contrived as it might be. They can look right into the large windows of his all-expenses paid living quarters, whether he's shaving, sleeping in, or eating cereal (what do Italians eat for breakfast?).
I don't understand why there is a Porsche 911 parked in his living room. I think most footballers would prefer to drive the car - not use it create a natural balance in their living spaces a la Feung Shui.

1 comment:

  1. Q: (what do Italians eat for breakfast?).
    A: Other Nation's fear and weakness at World Cup Soccer.

    ReplyDelete