Monday, November 30, 2009

Not Ready For X-Mas

As I write this, I'm traveling on a Virgin America flight from San Francisco to Seattle. My first ever blog post from an airplane! Free wi
This is also means that I am typing in the presence of other passengers, which is a little stifling to my creativity. Someone looking over my shoulder constantly while I type is a little weird. Well, I guess they're not reading this. It's pretty boring so far. I don't blame them for looking elsewhere. Virgin America provides customers with plenty of distractions via the personal television screen - movies, music, games, and a map that shows the flight's progress.
Thanks to a special Google Maps program, I've determined I'm about to fly over the Columbia River, south of the Cascade Parks West neighborhood outside of Vancouver, Oregon.
Since I've typed this, I've already passed La Center and Woodland, parallel with I-5. Now I'm almost directly east of Kelso. You get the picture.
I'll be in Seattle shortly, which gives me just enough time to tell you about something I noticed this morning.
There are two movies currently broadcast on television called "A Dog Named Christmas" and "The Dog That Saved Christmas." The former film, a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie, has received 9.6 out of 10 stars on IMDB. Maybe it's a little premature to gauge the quality of that film. The latter features former Superman Dean Cain. Since it's time to turn off this electronic device, I will let you determine the merits of each film.
Goodbye from the friendly skies.

1 comment:

  1. What kind of dog name is Christmas? If I ever get a dog I'm naming him Yom Kippur. And I'm making a movie about it.

    ReplyDelete