Friday, September 4, 2009

This Photo Has Nothing To Do With My Ramblings

I was just looking for a reason to post this picture. It's the smallest woman perched on the lap of the richest man...back in 1933.
Circus dwarf Lya Graf is seated on J.P. Morgan (during a Senate Committee hearing on the stock market crash of 1929).

Well, I suppose you could connect it to the fact that I'm not the world's richest man. In fact, I'm about to lose my temporary position at the public library, and I'm anticipating a lighter wallet. Which means I need to find another J-O-B, and cut some of my spending.

I've dreamed up a few ideas for limiting expenditures:
  • Only drink really cheap beer (exclusively Miller High Life, Fall Series - camoflauge can)
  • Get rid of Comcast cable internet and use the neighborhood park's free wi-fi (rain or shine)
  • Buy food at dollar stores
  • Lights and appliances off at 9 pm every night
  • Kraft Singles (no more mizithra)
  • Make a fake bus pass
  • Sublet my kitchen
  • Stick to "Fun Size" candy, not "King Size"
Ideas for creating cash flow are as follows:
  • Gamble on sports
  • Plasma donation
  • Take coins from fountains
  • Create some sort of pyramid scheme
  • Marry a circus dwarf
If you have any further suggestions, please leave a comment. Of course, I already use the library instead of Netflix.

1 comment:

  1. Don't rule out the money making potential of a good Ponzi scheme. Those are often more lucrative than a pyramid scheme plus they have a cooler name.

    Also, Monster.com has been regularly informing me for quite some time that there are bilingual videogame tester positions available....

    ReplyDelete