Friday, February 27, 2009

Wii Will Rock You

I'm glad that Padres closer Heath Bell lost 25 pounds on the Nintendo Wii Fit, but I'm not sure what kind of message it sends to opposing players. This is the guy who's supposed to close out games, be absolutely unhittable, and intimidate batters in the ninth inning. And yet here he is doing the hula hoop exercise. At the very least, he needs a kickass lead-in song like "Hell's Bells" or "Thunderstruck" when he steps out onto the field.
A writer at the Hardball Times suggested 50 potential songs to get the crowd riled up and put fear into the other team. I liked a few of his choices:

"Iron Man" Black Sabbath
"Mama Said Knock You Out" LL Cool J
"Don't Fear The Reaper" Blue Oyster Cult

But alas, instead of these tunes, Petco Park will be filled with the crappy sounds of Breaking Benjamin ("Blow Me Away" - from the 300 movie). I don't like this one bit.

1 comment:

  1. I think he should take the field to the Brittney Spears classic "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman."

    ReplyDelete