Monday, March 22, 2010

I Follow The Moskva Down To Gorky Park

As of Saturday night, my NCAA bracket was destroyed by the Jayhawks' loss to the Northern Iowa Panthers. And I have to wait until Thursday for games to start again. No worries. There are other things that now demand my attention. Because I've been unemployed for the past four months, I'm fairly good at finding ways to occupy my time.

1. Vote on the match-ups in the annual Fug Madness competition. Just like March Madness, the contest includes 65 participants, except that they're unwillingly fighting for the title of "Worst-Dressed Celebrity of 2010." The play-in game for the tournament was between Jessica and Ashlee Simpson. An intriguing contest in the Second Round of the Bjork Bracket is between #2 Katy Perry and #7 Juliette Lewis.

2. Use my $25 iTunes gift card from Christmas.

3. Look for a job that will restore calm and bring purpose to my life. Preferably one that calls for 2-3 years of experience in a call center environment.

4. Update my online dating profile with the following information:
Interests: Skysurfing, fondue, dogbreeding.
Body Type: Pretty okay.
Profession: Hopeful.

5. Take the dog for a walk. Meet women in the park.

6. Keep blogging.

As you can see, I've got a busy day ahead of me, starting with breakfast.
But first, I'll discuss the latest stop in Where's The Chuckman's Bottle Opener? Today, the Wazzu opener is in Kaluzhskaya Square in Moscow. It's near the Oktyabrskaya metro station, if you're familiar with the area. The Lenin Statue (in the picture above) was constructed in 1985 and it's the tallest Lenin Statue in the world. Okay, maybe not as tall as the one in Minsk, Belarus.

No comments:

Post a Comment