Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dubious Claims?

Recently I've been looking at lodging options in the Puget Sound area.

First off, my parents are coming to Tacoma to visit me, and I suggested the Silver Cloud Inn on Ruston Way. Upon examining the Silver Cloud website, I read that it's the "only waterfront hotel in Tacoma." Whaaaaaat? Can this really be true?

Well, considering there are only about 5 proper hotels in downtown Tacoma and it's the only one located on the water, I suppose the site is correct. In fact, one visitor to the hotel commented: "Our room was right over the water. We woke up to the beautiful sunrise." Not only on the water, but directly over it (which is further proved by the photo). Another vacationer wrote: "The reflection of the water on the ceiling at night is enchanting."

These reviews are more positive than those given to the Rodeway Inn in South Tacoma:
"Staff mistakenly thought we were only staying one night; the 2nd day, they removed our things from the room and ate our food - May 2008."
Then there's the puzzling review of the Days Inn Tacoma Mall posted in September 2008: "Just a roof over my head." Is that favorable? I guess that person just has low expectations.

Later in August, I'm thinking about going camping with some friends after a Flaming Lips concert. I want to stay close to Seattle, and I found a campsite in Fall City called "Snoqualmie River Park and Campground." Some of its features are listed, including clean restrooms, bordering an 18-hole golf course, and fishing and swimming. It also lists disposal station and shade. These two qualities cannot be promoted enough. When I go camping, the first things I think of are:
(A) Will I have some place to put my garbage?
(B) Get that wretched sun out of my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment