Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's Time You Know Who I Am - A Major Player In The Dining Scene

Gosh, I can't tell you how much my life has changed in the last week.
Ever since I was featured in a short article about local eateries in the Weekly Volcano, things have been a lot different. Suddenly, I'm getting offers from the Albuquerque Weekly Alibi and the Vicksburg Post. Neither paper has promised any compensation, but they've said that if I show the same kind of energy I did while enjoying an amber beer and BLT (like above), I could really go places.

Maybe a few pics of me enjoying a chicken basket at Shoney's or sipping a vanilla shake at Mannie's Restaurant, and who knows what could happen? I could even make it to the dailies!

When writer/photographer Steve Dunkelberger approached me about a candid shot, I had no idea this would propel me to stardom. I was just enjoying a Saturday evening with friends. It just goes to show: If you put yourself out there, it's only a matter of time before someone realizes your potential as a youthful diner.

I've been talking to my agent and he thinks it's time for me to take my career to a new level. We're discussing a move to a bigger market like Bakersfield or Tulsa. I will never forget Tacoma and how I got my start. But I've got to start thinking about my future.
So far, I've been fortunate. Didn't even think about what I was wearing or ordering that day. Guess I'm a natural.

2 comments:

  1. When I see a picture of you sampling a chili cheese dog in the Sacramento Bee, then I'll know you've hit the big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your agent is a chump if it's taken him this long just to start your career. Sign with me and you'll be in stock photos from Guernsey Gazette to the Inquirer and Mirror, Nantucket's Newspaper since 1821. Of course I can guarantee your face in every issue of the Hancock Record, proud paper of Hancock, MN.

    ReplyDelete