Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dance Floor Annihilators

This past weekend, the city of Leipzig, Germany hosted the Wave Gotik Treffen Festival. It is the largest festival for "gothic" or "dark culture," and features plenty of nonsensical bands that emote sadness and black eyeliner. I just had to share some of the bandnames on the schedule. I came up with some pretty bad bandnames in high school (like "Heroes in Time" and "Chaka Chaka Backpack"), but the following are either overdramatic or unoriginal or both. I feel so much pain and rejection just by reading them; the reason I'm not crying now is because I'm all out of tears. I welcome death into my arms like a crippled fawn. As Dieter from "Sprockets" would say, ""You disturb me to the point of insanity. There. I am insane now."

Theatre of Hate
Frozen Plasma
Illuminate
The Eternal Afflict
Draconian (good adjective, horrible name)
Die So Fluid
Scary Bitches
Whispers in the Shadow
My Dying Bride
Fang On Fur
Eyes of Eden
Icon of Coil
Amnistia (is this a nasal spray?)
Painbastard (huh?)
Inkubus Sukkubus
Solitary Experiments
Vomito Negro (pardon?)
Adoration

...and my favorite of the bunch is...
Cat Rapes Dog.

3 comments:

  1. I'm just a little disappointed the you didn't track down a Cat Rapes Dog video. And I'm just as disappointed that Sadgasm didn't make the line up. I just can't help wondering if all the emo kids across the world don't know what a great source of comedy all of their overly dramatic theatrics are, or if they just don't care.

    Anyway, here is CRD's hit song Moosehair Underwear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqyZL4k-gFk&
    Yes, it is every bit as bad as I had imagined. Kind of a more techno version of Rammstein.

    And as an added bonus, here's a video of a cat actually raping a dog. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTEIp_g0GTM&

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inkkubus Sukkubus...how did that get on a list of bad name ideas!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob the DestroyerJune 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM

    Food rapes food... interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete