Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cinematic Derivatives

I'll let you in on a little secret.
I know who's going to win the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship.

You know how you can pretty much guess the Oscar winners based on the Golden Globe Awards? Well, I've determined what college team will take the crown based on the Oscar results.
I'll share with you how I came to this conclusion. It may seem like an unreliable method, but it works every year. Just try to follow my logic.

So...
This year's Best Picture was "Slumdog Millionaire," directed by Danny Boyle.
Danny Boyle also directed "Trainspotting," which starred Ewan McGregor.
McGregor co-starred with Hayden Christensen in "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones."
Christensen is romantically linked with Rachel Bilson 0f the television series "The OC."
Bilson had a cameo in the NBC drama "Chuck," which features actor Ryan McPartlin.
McPartlin was awarded a letter on the University of Illinois football team in 1994.
That same year, Tony Gwynn led the MLB with a .394 batting average.
During his rookie year, Gwynn batted second in the Padres lineup, right before first baseman Steve Garvey.
Steve Garvey played third base for the Michigan State University in 1968...

Which leads me to believe the Spartans will win it all in 2009.
MSU is ranked #6 in the nation and is led by coaching genius Tom Izzo, who has 330 career wins and 12 NCAA Tournament appearances. Also of note: The center for the Spartans is named Goran, which is Greek for "blood harvester," otherwise known as a "vampire."

No comments:

Post a Comment