Friday, February 20, 2009

Gambling in Song


They call you lady luck, but there is room for doubt.
(Frank Sinatra)
Lady luck, please let the dice stay hot, let me shout a seven with every shot.
(Elvis Presley)
I've been gambling like a fiend on your tables so green.
(Wilco)
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is the Ace Of Spades.
(Motorhead)
Playing with the queen of hearts, knowing it ain't really smart.
(Juice Newton)
You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.
(Kenny Rodgers)
Don, you draw the queen of diamonds, boy. She'll beat you if she's able.
(Eagles)
The joker's closin' in. I know, you know, they know, we all know.
(Electric Light Orchestra)
But like, 52 cards went out. I'm through dealing, now 52 bars come out.
(Jay-Z)
Forget about your house of cards and I'll do mine.
(Radiohead)

I've played all my cards. And that's what you've done, too.
(ABBA)

No comments:

Post a Comment